Hari Om & Welcome to
Gayatri Yoga Teacher Training in Spain
Yoga is much more than asanas, they are just a tool to control our mind. The discipline and mind work are the difficult parts. It is very important to understand that Yoga is a non-stop development and learning process.
A yoga teacher training is just the first door we open to deepen this knowledge. Everyone has their personal limitations and difficulties to reach certain postures. Being a yoga teacher does not mean practicing with the students throughout the class or showing them how nicely you can do the asanas. The aim of becoming a yoga teacher is to give knowledge, guidance, correction, and provide help for your students whenever needed.
To become a good teacher it is important to have discipline, a strong will and the desire to learn and absorb the teachings. Sometimes beginners have greater levels of discipline than more advanced students, as they grow constantly, are more open minded and tend to absorb the new information. Often, more advanced students think that they already know everything, and do not give their full attention, or have difficulties handling any given feedback or corrections.
As you can see you don’t need to be an advanced or “idealistic” yogi to become a teacher. You need positive energy, an open mind, to be humble, and the power to motivate your students, to lead a class with confidence, and the ability to offer adjustments and corrections in the right way. These points are important and make you a good yoga teacher.
How to choose the best option for your training?
If you don’t have a lot of time and no problems working under pressure away from home, then our intensive yoga teacher training will fit you. The intensive teacher training with us will definitely help you to dive into a yogic lifestyle, build up a strong connection to the teachers and other trainees, and have a strong focus on the training itself. This will offer you a unique opportunity to grow and pursue a personal learning experience.
Long Term Training:
If you have difficulties, need longer to learn and reflect, or if you feel discomfort being away from home and out of your comfort zone, a training with a longer duration over many weekends, would may be the better option for you.
Overview about what you will learn
Beginner and Intermediate
Guide, correct and adjust
Benefits and Contraindications
Unique and detailed workshops
Lots of practice
Our course includes
– Traditional Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga
– Alignment Oriented Yoga
– Spiritually Oriented Yoga
– Gentle and Restorative Yoga
– The Basics of Ayurveda
– Knowledge on Kriya, Jnana, Raja, Bhakti and Karma Yoga
TTC COURSE DATES / 2021
– ARRIVAL 22.01. – DEPARTURE 12.02.2021
– ARRIVAL 03.03. – DEPARTURE 24.03.2021
– ARRIVAL 12.04. – DEPARTURE 03.05.2021
– ARRIVAL 21.05. – DEPARTURE 11.06.2021
– ARRIVAL 30.06. – DEPARTURE 21.07.2021
– ARRIVAL 17.09. – DEPARTURE 08.10.2021
– ARRIVAL 25.10. – DEPARTURE 15.11.2021
– ARRIVAL 01.12. – DEPARTURE 22.12.2021
as an RYS 200 / Registered Yoga School.
Our course director, Radhika and all Gayatri Teachers are lead trainers and registered as
E-RYT 500 / Experienced Registered Yoga Teachers.
Who can join our training
What is required?
– Understand and speak basic English to follow the classes. Please keep in mind that you have to give classes to the other students to gain self-confidence and learn how to teach yoga classes.
– Always be a mindful karma yogi and an example for other students.
– Follow the timetable and attend all activities, sessions, and lectures, work intensely and absorb the teaching.
– Don’t be judgmental or critical to yourself, anyone or anything.
– Respect others and avoid negative discussions with other trainees or the teachers. Simply see yourself as a part of the group and school.
If you want to join us:
Once you have made the decision to become a yoga teacher start preparing yourself with regular yoga classes, read classic yoga books and start exploring yourself while practising, asanas, pranayama and meditation.
you. As we want to give you as much as possible on your way to becoming a great yoga teacher. Learning and controlling some of the basics along with other important points for the course will help you feel more.
self-secure and prepared for your training. Our pre-distance learning gives you a basis to begin your training with. It is a compulsory part of the course and must be completed before your course commences. All materials for this will be sent via email after confirmation of your deposit.
Recommended books to start your yoga journey:
– Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
– Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by B.K.S. Iyengar
Yoga East & West, Book Yoga Retreats and Book Retreats has listed Gayatri Yoga Tenerife as one of the 10 best Yoga Teacher Training Programs Worldwide and in Europe.