For more than 17 years our school has specialized in Yoga Teacher Trainings.
Hari Om & Welcome to
Gayatri Yoga Tenerife, Spain.
– Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training
– Hatha & Vinyasa Advanced Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
If your dream is to become a yoga teacher, do not worry too much about difficult asanas, the ideal body shape nor extreme flexibility. We often have a misconception about being a yoga teacher and what that really entails.
Yoga is much more than asanas, they are just a tool to control our mind. The discipline and mind work are the difficult parts. It is very important to understand that Yoga is a non-stop development and learning process.
A yoga teacher training is just the first door we open to deepen this knowledge. Everyone has personal limitations and difficulties to reach certain postures. Being a yoga teacher does not mean practicing with the students throughout the class or showing them how nicely you can do the asanas. The aim of becoming a yoga teacher is to give knowledge, guidance, correction, and provide help for your students whenever needed.
To become a good teacher it is important to have discipline, a strong will and the desire to learn and absorb the teachings. Sometimes beginners have greater levels of discipline than more advanced students, as they grow constantly, are more open minded and tend to absorb the new information. Often, more advanced students think that they already know everything, and do not give their full attention, or have difficulties handling any given feedback or corrections.
As you can see you don’t need to be an advanced or “idealistic” yogi to become a great teacher. You need to be humble and full of positive energy. You need an open mind, and the power to motivate your students. You need confidence to lead a class, and have the ability to offer adjustments and corrections in the right way. All hese points are important and make you a great yoga teacher.
How to choose the best option for your training?
If you don’t have a lot of time and no problems working under pressure away from home, then our intensive yoga teacher training will fit you. The intensive teacher training with us will definitely help you to dive into a yogic lifestyle, build up a strong connection to the teachers and other trainees, and have a strong focus on the training itself. This will offer you a unique opportunity to grow and pursue a personal learning experience.
Long Term Training:
If you have difficulties, need longer to learn and reflect, or if you feel discomfort being away from home and out of your comfort zone, a training with a longer duration over many weekends, would may be the better option for you. Please note that we do not offer this course option.
Overview about what you will learn
200 & 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Courses
We will provide you with a professional and complete foundation to become a yoga teacher
Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Yoga
Learn how to structure Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga classes for all levels
Guide, Correct & Adjust
Learn how to adjust the practice to your student’s individual needs
Benefits & Contraindications
Learn about the benefits and contraindications of each Asana and Pranayama
Unique and Detailed Workshops
Learn to sequence yoga classes do to the classic teaching methodology and how to use props in the right way
Lots of Practice
We offer a very complete training which includes plenty of background information and lots of practice, not just asanas
Our Courses Include:
– Traditional Hatha, Iyengar and Vinyasa Yoga
– Alignment Oriented Yoga
– Spiritually Oriented Yoga
– Yin and Restorative Yoga
– Ayurvedic Guidlines
– Knowledge on Kriya, Jnana, Raja, Bhakti and Karma Yoga
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING / RYS 200
COURSE DATES: 2024 / 2025
- ARRIVAL 05.01. - DEPARTURE 26.01.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 02.02. - DEPARTURE 23.02.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 01.03. - DEPARTURE 22.03.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 29.03. - DEPARTURE 19.04.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 26.04. - DEPARTURE 17.05.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 24.05. - DEPARTURE 14.06.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 21.06. - DEPARTURE 12.07.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 19.07. - DEPARTURE 09.08.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 30.08. - DEPARTURE 20.09.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 27.09. - DEPARTURE 18.10.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 25.10. - DEPARTURE 15.11.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 29.11. - DEPARTURE 20.12.2024 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
- ARRIVAL 03.01. - DEPARTURE 24.01.2025 / YOGA TEACHER TRAINING - RYS 200
Gayatri School of Yoga and all Gayatri Teachers are registered by Yoga Alliance, USA.
Who can join our training
and what is required?
– Understand and speak basic English to follow the classes. Please keep in mind that you have to give classes to the other students to gain self-confidence and learn how to teach yoga classes.
– Always be a mindful karma yogi and an example for other students.
– Follow the timetable and attend all activities, sessions, and lectures, work intensely and absorb the teaching.
– Don’t be judgmental or critical to yourself, anyone or anything.
– Respect others and avoid negative discussions with other trainees or the teachers. Simply see yourself as a part of the group and school.
If you want to join us:
Once you have made the decision to become a yoga teacher start preparing yourself with regular yoga classes, read classic yoga books and start exploring yourself while practising, asanas, pranayama and meditation.
We have developed a way to make the course more comfortable for you. As we want to give you as much as possible on your way to becoming a great yoga teacher. Learning and controlling some of the basics along with other important points for the course will help you feel more self-secure and prepared for your training. Our pre-distance learning gives you a basis to begin your training with. It is a compulsory part of the course and must be completed before your course commences. All materials for this will be sent via email after confirmation of your deposit.
Recommended books to start your yoga journey:
– Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha by Swami Satyananda
– Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
– The Bhagavad Gita
– The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
All Yoga Training, Yoga East & West, Book Yoga Retreats and Book Retreats has listed Gayatri Yoga Tenerife as one of the 10 best Yoga Teacher Training Programs Worldwide and in Europe.